Thursday 28 March 2013

Easter Biscuits by Mary Berry

With Easter approaching I was keen to bake these delicious sounding Easter biscuits.  They seemed quite easy to make and Boy No. 1 was keen to get baking!  In fact, you can just see his fingers on the edge of the first photo!

I was impressed with the dough and thought it was very pretty.  I used sheets of clingfilm underneath and on top of the dough before rolling it out and as usual this worked a treat and meant that the dough didn't stick to either the rolling pin or work surface, or both!  Such a great tip that I've picked up online recently, I do it all the time now.


I didn't have the right size cutter for the job unfortunately, but found that a glass was perfect for cutting out the biscuits.


So what did we think of the taste?  They were quite nice, but seemed to be lacking the real crunch and buttery flavour that Mary's Oat Rounds gave.  Perhaps if we hadn't baked these straight after baking the Oat Rounds we might have been more impressed?!  Who knows!


All in all a nice biscuit to bake for Easter though and I probably will bake these again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment