Wednesday 15 May 2013

Chocolate Swiss Roll by Mary Berry - 12/4/13

I was looking forward to baking this chocolate swiss roll, especially after the success of the plain swiss roll!  Myself and Boy No. 1 baked this for our pudding whilst Boy No. 2 was napping in bed.  We used strawberry jam - instead of the blackberry jam referred to in the recipe - and it was fine.
 
I did manage to overwhip the cream though, at the time of baking I had a lot of things on my mind, as will be seen at the end of this post.  Looking back, I don't know how I managed to bake this swiss roll at all to be honest, but I think I needed some distraction and focus, and baking this gorgeous fluffy chocolatey swiss roll provided me with this.
 
Despite the double cream being slightly overwhipped and more difficult to spread due to this, it still tasted really good.  The sponge had a lovely chocolatey flavour and the cream, jam and sponge worked so well together.

 



 



I baked this chocolate swiss roll in memory of my dear brother Andrew, who very sadly passed away on 10/4/13 aged just 30 years.  RIP Andrew, thinking of you always. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment