Sunday 23 June 2013

Apple tarte tatin by Mary Berry

I liked the sound of this dessert very much, but I'm not sure I'd eaten it before, so I wasn't sure what it should taste like! For me the pastry was a real winner, crunchy, golden brown, light and flaky, sweetened with the caramel apple sauce.  Absolutely gorgeous and so easy to make too.
 


The apples were deliciously sweet and soft but my only complaint about this dessert was that the apples were not caramelised, rather they seemed to have steamed in the juices.  They were delicious, but I was expecting a bit of sticky caramelisation.  Maybe with a tweak I will get this next time!


 





This apple tarte tatin was delicious served hot with vanilla ice cream and with some of the juices spooned over it.  I can't wait to bake this again!
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment