Sunday 23 June 2013

Cappuccino cakes

I got the inspiration for these cappuccino cakes from Lorraine Pascale's mini strawberries and cream cakes recipe.  Again I wanted to keep the cakes small so I used fairy cake cases and Mary Berry's chocolate fairy cake recipe.

 

I must admit to watching Eric Lanlard's baking programme and picking up a tip from the master baker himself - piping the cake batter into the cake cases!  Totally unnecessary of course, as the cake batter spreads and finds its own level in the heat of the oven, but soo much fun, I will definitely do this again.


The filling and topping was simply double cream sweetened with a little icing sugar, and 1tsp instant coffee granules (I used Nescafe Gold Blend as this is what we buy for visitors, we don't usually drink coffee!) dissolved in a little hot water. 


I sliced each cake in half, filled one half of each with a little coffee cream, and sandwiched the two layers back together.  For the topping I simply piped a little coffee cream onto the top of each cake before adding a square of my favourite chocolate, Galaxy cookie crumble.


These little cakes went down well, I would bake these again for something a little different yet delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment